Saturday, May 3, 2008

Prepaid wireless broadband from Smart


Smart has introduced another wireless broadband service to Fiipinos who are gradually becoming dependent on internet access, SmartBro Prepaid. SmartBro Prepaid is a lot similar to the smart plug and surf only that Smartbro prepaid does not have monthly fees. The rate for using this wireless prepaid broadband service is P10 per 30 minutes of internet use.

The Smart broadband prepaid kit costs PhP 4500 and is inclusive of one and a half hour worth of internet access load. I believe that this also comes with the Smart BRO USB modem which will be used to plug into the laptop's USB port to connect to the world wide web. Reloading can also be reportedly done by buying credits from smart load retailers. Speed is reportedly up to 384 kbps in areas with 3G coverages.

Smart claims this can be used nationwide but I wonder if this smart prepaid wireless broadband will work if I go to the boondocks. I mean will the broadband work in areas without 3G coverages? I still need to get out of the house to call when I go to some remote places in the provinces that I go to sometimes. I wonder if I can use the prepaid broadband in those areas.

 
design by suckmylolly.com