Friday, September 26, 2008

Elatronic.com/e-card.exe link from greetingcard.org


There seems to be another wave of greetingcard.org malware spam being distributed in the internet. The other day, I received an email with the subject "You have received an Greeting eCard" (notice the use of an) and like most legal ecard notices, the email tells me to click or copy paste a link into my web browser. I noticed however that the url contains an executable file which usually appears in email spam messages that contain virus and malwares.

The link given to me was http://elatronic.com/e-card.exe. I advice people who received similar greeting card messages from greetingcard.org not to open the link and delete the elatronic message right away because clicking the link may cause harm to their PC.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com