Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Red Mobile Sim


A umobile representative called me the other day informing me that I will be receiving a red mobile sim that will replace my umobile simcard. I do not know why there is a change in branding but there are speculations online that say the objectives of umobile may not have been met and so maybe the change of name may signify major changes in umobile.

I am not actually using my umobile sim card (except in cases when I run out of load and I need to make an emergency call). For one, I only have one cellphone and despite umobile’s notice that sending text messages to other networks like Globe would be possible soon, I believe umobile to globe sms is not yet available.

I hope red mobile will be better than umobile. Some suggestions:

1. Make reloading much easier and more accessible. I consider myself more tech savvy than most of the friends I invited to umobile but I still feel more comfortable reloading my sim card in my suking tindahan. Some of my friends do not even have daily internet access. How can they reload their sims when they run out of load?

2. Make the price more competitive. The 100 pesos minimum reloadable load is actually quite expensive when you compare to Smart’s 30 pesos eload and Globe’s 15 peso load. Red mobile should have better pricing, otherwise, users will merely rely on their load allotment.

 
design by suckmylolly.com