Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Should I Upgrade My Paypal Account?

I have been receiving paypal payments since paypal has allowed
Philippine based paypal users to receive paypal funds.
Today though, I received this message when
I tried to accept a paypal payment that is sent to me
as payment for the articles I have written for an Asian based Magazine:

For Option 1 (Upgrade to a Premier account and accept payments), it says,
"If you expect to receive more than 5 credit or debit card payments per year, or are building a business, we suggest upgrading to a Premier account."

For Option 2, (Keep your Personal account status and accept this payment), it says "Choose this option if you expect to receive fewer than 5 credit or debit card payments per year. Personal account lets you accept 5 credit or debit card payments annually. You can accept 5 more credit or debit card payments before Oct. 12, 2008."

This is the first time that I need to approve a payment that is sent to me. This is also the first time that I received a payment in SGD (Singaporean Dollars) and not in US Dollars. My concern is that the Philippine primary currency is PESOS and not SGD. I wonder if this prompt appears because of the different currency that I received.

Should I upgrade my account? If I get regular assignments from that Magazine that I write for, then I really need to upgrade my account. I dont know if companies like smorty, paypal and reviewme use debit card or credit card to send paypal funds because I have been receiving payments from them too.

 
design by suckmylolly.com