Friday, August 8, 2008

Warning: Someone sent you an Ecard email may contain malwares

There are two things that I always remember when opening ecards in my email:

1. The ecard should come from someone I know or else, the card comes from a spammer.

2. If the ecard appears in my spam box, it is likely that the email contains links that will likely download malwares in my computer.

Yesterday, I spotted one email in my spam box with the subject "Someone sent you an Ecard." The message says:

Your neighbour has made you an Ecard at LettercardAdvertising.com.

To view your card, goto the following link.

http://LettercardAdvertising.com/?a5a9b689077573

(c) 2002-2008 LettercardAdvertising.com.

I guess, the ecard that I have received belongs to the 123greetings.com spam family that Shannon has mentioned in my CNN daily top ten post. I strongly advice those who receive these types of ecard emails to delete the email immediately as this may contain trojan files or links that can be dangerous to your computer system.

 
design by suckmylolly.com